Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Criticism"
I've been living awhile, and I've received, given, and seen many cases of the difference between criticism, and just being a complete autist because you didn't get your way. I will admit, I've done both in my time, but there IS a difference, and usually, I prefer criticism on both sides, cause it's just better output for everyone.

What is criticism?

Fuck google, I'm using my own definition as I feel that it'd be easier to understand, and easier to compare. It's the act of judging something, be it action, or belief with either evidence, experience, or form of intelligence on the subject so to say to back it up. Criticism, yes, can be toxic, but 9 times outta ten, it's better in every situation. Examples of criticism could be game reviews, political talk, and etcetera. In many ways, criticism is beneficial. In the recipients point of view, they're seeing ways out to better themselves, their work, their beliefs, and etcetera. On the judge's part, it allows them to get stress off of their chest, whether it's they wanted to do a good deed, or they were irritated by a certain decision. It also benefits them if they're a customer of a such said business. Lets say a shirt is made large for it's size, or a shoe runs wide, most shoe sites leave an option for a review. This allows for the such said company, to adjust sizes or even the material they use. Now, criticism does NOT mean that something has to be negative. Criticism can be positive. A simple "good job", or high five could be considered a good job. Therefore, it leaves a positive feeling on that person and can drive them to become even better, or just simply leaves them with a smile on their face for the next couple minutes. Now, usually both positives and negatives come out as once when criticizing someone, also referred to as pros and cons. Therefore, leaving both is necessary to get a full understanding of the criticism. In conclusion, it's used with actual common sense, and takes longer than 12 seconds.

What isn't criticism?

Anything that ISN'T criticism, so basically acting like you're 5 again. This is where you abandon actual rationalization and just sit there, and spew out shit that usually isn't intelligible. Such being "FUCK YOU MOTHERFUCKER I FUCKING HATE YOU SLIMY INBRED YOU'RE JUST SALTY BECAUSE I'M BETTER THAN YOU." This shit? Won't cut it for staff, a job, a fucking birthday clown, and etcetera. Bashing people isn't criticism, and no one cares about that new diss track. All it does is start drama, pisses people off, disturbs the peace, etcetera. People don't care about some raging bullshit if you're not going to be using common sense while complaining about it. Yes, arguing is healthy, but not in a toxic matter. And chances are, if you've done this in the past, it'll come to bite you in the ass. They'll just bash you when you actually try to be intelligible. And honestly, please include EVERY argument you can think of when trying to criticize. Otherwise, it's pointless.

And yes, threats to call 911 when you get banned from a Garry's Mod server, is toxic.

Conclusion

Constructive criticism is what is allowing important parts of the community, and society, function. Along with that, bashing is just what makes everything toxic. Hope you guys learned something.

Whether or not you care about this post isn't my problem. <3
[Image: 53d8acdc68.png]