Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
eliminator of those non-holy's ban appeal
(11-11-2020, 07:56 PM)SilverMight Wrote:
(11-11-2020, 07:42 PM)grug Wrote:
(11-06-2020, 12:28 PM)ChrisTheKid2706 Wrote: -snip-

If you really think I'm aimbotting I can just stream in a Discord VC or something when I am unbanned.
I get your point but that legit means nothing. Obviously if you're streaming it you're not gonna use hacks.

If I am streaming, and Rai sees that I am doing the exact things as before, that would show that I'm not hacking.

(11-11-2020, 08:02 PM)grug Wrote:

If you really think I'm aimbotting I can just stream in a Discord VC or something when I am unbanned.
I get your point but that legit means nothing. Obviously if you're streaming it you're not gonna use hacks.

If I am streaming, and Rai sees that I am doing the exact things as before, that would show that I'm not hacking.
The fact of the matter is we have several points of evidence against you and we came to the conclusion you were hacking.
"I have no soul, have a great day!"

(11-11-2020, 08:39 PM)ChrisTheKid2706 Wrote:
(11-11-2020, 08:02 PM)grug Wrote:

The fact of the matter is we have several points of evidence against you and we came to the conclusion you were hacking.

Your only evidence seems to be that I looked at someone through a wall for a second, I was bhopping in a straight line and shooting people who were in the path of the straight line, that I was shooting people using the 3dmg going straight up, and that I was flicking onto people, which is a common strategy. Your conclusion is incorrect.

Also, if I were really aimbotting, how could silly goose and ortsmeiser absolutely destroy me?

I don't know if I can -/+1 or anything on this thread, but I feel like this is worth saying:

I've done countless duels against him with the .357, .50 cal snipers, and all sorts of other crap where cheating would be painfully obvious, and he hasn't done anything out of the realm of possibility.

From what I've seen, numerous staff have spectated him and done the !ss command. The !ss command outright didn't show anything at all. If the accusations are true, he would have had wallhacks and aimbot, but neither were seen on the screenshots. No players being highlighted, nothing. If he knew he was being watched and toggled off, how/why would he keep using an aim assist, and how would it function without leaving visual signs? If he didn't know and didn't toggle, why didn't the screenshots display anything? It just doesn't make any sense.

Also, he had hud_quickinfo 1 enabled, as seen by the screenshots of his game. This command puts a circular reticle around the center of the screen that displays your health and ammo in the form of 2 curved bars. With this reticle, you can aim the m9k snipers without having to deal with the atrocious scope and scope recoil. Simply put, the guns become far less unwieldy and you can land shots with far better accuracy. This can easily account for his hitting people at high speeds, as the unwieldiness of the m9k snipers is flat out removed.

Shooting people while in bhop can absolutely be done, especially if you are bhopping towards the target. Shooting people in the air can also be done, especially if the target is moving straight down or at the top of an arc. There are very few people on Neotek with more than a rudimentary grasp on evasion. Most players walk in straight lines, fall directly downwards, and 3dmg in predictable paths. While certainly not easy, it's ridiculous to call these shots "impossible".

Not only that, but he clearly missed numerous times. Rai attributes this to hitreg, which I find silly. Hitreg in gmod is mostly an issue because playermodels don't always line up with hitboxes, but aimbot bypasses this problem by aiming at the hitbox, not the playermodel. When aimbotters miss, its almost always the product of inaccuracy from the weapon or bad code, and if he had an aimbot capable of dodging suspicion for as long as he had, there is no way it's a cheap one with bugged code.

I also find the language used to describe Torg's pvp to be silly. "Locking on" is easily the most common term I see in incorrect accusations: good players can track targets relatively close to their crosshair with trivial ease, especially if the target doesn't understand how to evade. Considering most players on Neotek are hardly noteworthy in terms of PVP, the only thing preventing skilled players from tracking most targets is lag and rubber banding. If you're using ulx, an old administration addon that hardly gets updates anymore, you aren't going to see the spectatee's game nearly as well as they will.

I also think that calling it "snapping" is silly. If his crosshair is jumping to the target position, anyone with functional eyes and a pulse would have banned him on the spot. After all, snapping is extremely obvious. Judging by the fact that other staff, namely ChrisTheKid, have spectated him before and were unsuccessful in finding any visible signs of aimbot, it's very unlikely that he was actually "snapping". Like I've seen in plenty of other incorrect accusations before, it's far more likely that he just flicked, like I've seen him do countless times, and like other players (such as myself and paloma) have done in the past.

I've seen him play countless times, and it's nothing particularly strange. Why not just unban him at least temporarily, spectate him over discord/broadcast as he suggested, and see him pull off the stuff he was doing before? If you know he isn't using cheats while you're watching and he stays as good as he was, he's clear. If not, just reinstate the ban.

+1, i've fought with this man, hes just good with m9k. the "weird snapping" movements you see are probably just flickshots: to add to this, i've never seen him cheat in any server ever.

I'm going to retract this ban due to the player support. I haven't personally seen it myself so I can't really vouch if he was hacking or not, but I'll take your guys advice and say it was a fluke. If it truly was, I apologize.

Ban revoked
Thread locked
[Image: archlinux-logo-dark-90dpi.ebdee92a15b3.png]