• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban Appeal
Steam Profile URL: 
steamcommunity.com/id/hopoffZ

Steam Profile Name:
hop.offZ

Steam ID: 
STEAM_1:1:154005869

I was banned for the given reason "attempting to crash the server." In reality I spawned a few WACs in a very displeased child's "base" which was one room of a spawn building.  

I hopped on a gmod sandbox server, and, to my extreme displeasure, had my eardrums ruptured by the most irritating child I've ever heard.  I like to play gmod often, and I'm generally a respectful player, but this kid was really irritating.  He was building a base, and when he wasn't working on it he was messing with people, using macros to spawn health kits under himself during fights, and other generally irritating things.  So, what did I do? I spawned a few WACs in his base, and then when I realized this was lagging the server (about 5 seconds later) I deleted all of them.  I had no intent of lagging the server, I just wanted to mess with this kid.  It was rude, I know.  The child screamed his head off for an admin, while there wasn't one on the server.  However, then, "Large Uzi Vert" joined, and immediately, taking the word of a child that I "attempted to crash the server," permabanned me.  I don't really frequent the server often, but it is one of my more favored ones and I'd enjoy being unbanned.  I won't spawn props in children's bases again, and frankly I'm more sorry for the others that had their eardrums ruptured by the screaming child when I did it.

A shit appeal, but I'll ignore that for now. I mainly have a problem with your overuse of the term "child" and its meaning you give it. You use it as a derogatory term of sorts which is ridiculous to judge people for merely their voice and age rather than their sense of character. You have no convinced me in the slightest to unban you with your appeal, and when you decided to shit talk everyone in the chat. This got you banned from the discord in the process. Getting yourself banned only confirmed our suspicion of you being a minge. To which is an honest embarrassment that you prioritize insults and derogatory terms over making a decent argument. Overall I see no reason to unban you due to your what seems toxic personality, but I'd like you to answer a few questions in regards to the appeal.

1. Who reported you

2. Why should we unban you

3. Do you have any plans to change your behavior, and if so, how?

4. Under what context did you "spawn a few WACs"

Most likely how you answer could change your fate in regards to being unbanned altogether, or a shortened ban.

~Alaskan
[Image: 53d8acdc68.png]

(03-17-2018, 02:36 AM)Alaskan Butter Wrote: A shit appeal, but I'll ignore that for now. I mainly have a problem with your overuse of the term "child" and its meaning you give it. You use it as a derogatory term of sorts which is ridiculous to judge people for merely their voice and age rather than their sense of character. You have no convinced me in the slightest to unban you with your appeal, and when you decided to shit talk everyone in the chat. This got you banned from the discord in the process. Getting yourself banned only confirmed our suspicion of you being a minge. To which is an honest embarrassment that you prioritize insults and derogatory terms over making a decent argument. Overall I see no reason to unban you due to your what seems toxic personality, but I'd like you to answer a few questions in regards to the appeal.

1. Who reported you

2. Why should we unban you

3. Do you have any plans to change your behavior, and if so, how?

4. Under what context did you "spawn a few WACs"

Most likely how you answer could change your fate in regards to being unbanned altogether, or a shortened ban.

~Alaskan

Hm. After rereading the appeal, I see your point. I didn’t mean to be so disrespectful. I won’t bother making excuses for it, because that’ll just make me look worse.  Also, I wasn’t aware I was banned from discord; I left.  I don’t remember the name of the player who reported me; sorry about that. If you need that, I’ll do some digging and figure it out.  The main reason I believe I should be unbanned is because the reason I was banned was simply not true.  I was banned because the admin who banned me was under the assumption that I was trying to crash the server which just isn’t true.  I spawned a plane in the player’s small base with the intention of messing with him a little bit. I know this is technically against the rules, and I’m sorry. It won’t happen again. However that isn’t trying to crash the server.  The context under which I “spawned a few WACs” was nothing more than me noclipping into the base with everyone else on the server to wach this one guy who was propspamming the player, and then I spawned a plane. No more, no less. I did this twice over the span of 15 minutes, and then left the guy alone while encouraging others to do the same. I have no problem with a shortened ban; frankly, I deserve it. I didn’t read the rules on the server and I was being toxic; taking out my bad mood on another player.

Simply put, in conclusion, I do really enjoy the server. I’ve had a great time on it, I achieved the status of trusted at one point (I believe, I’m not sure if I remember correctly, because this was my first time on in a few months) and I didn’t mean to blatantly break any rules. I won’t cause any trouble again, and for the toxicity charges in discord and during the game, I really don’t know what you mean. I was not aware I talked shit about anyone in discord, and the only thing I recall from the time when I was playing that could come close to toxicity is when I joined and the voice chat was full of really bad mics, I pointed this out and muted most of the server. Really, I am sorry for any trouble I’ve caused. 

If you need anything else, just ask.

Ban Appeal Accepted
User has been unbanned

Just a note: I love the attitude change in regards to being more respectful and in a sincere tone of speech. The fact that hop was able to answer my questions to a tee and didn't resist in the slightest. This prompted me to decide that we, rather than immediately trusting users, investigated ourselves more often. I didn't realize the case that we didn't do so and sincerely apologize for it. Policies will be reformed in reaction to such a case.

Sorry for the inconvenience and we'll make sure it will not happen again.

Enjoy the server

~Alaskan
[Image: 53d8acdc68.png]