Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
application
Steam Name (must be updated if changed) : fattyboy

Steam Profile ID: To be honest, I dont know!

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:128722998

Do you have a microphone?: Yes

Why do you want to become moderator?: I like this server, and would love to become a moderator on it, so that i can contribute to this servers success.

What will you bring to the server?: 2000 hours of gmod experience, a month of co owner experience, and plenty of brains.

Why should choose we choose you over someone else, who could possibly have more experience?:I was an admin on a server called clydes garage for half a year, plus i was a co owner for one month (they thought the old one was dead). I also have around 2000 hours of GMOD experience, and someone told me i would be a good staff member.

How many hours do you have on the server? 24 hours, 10 minutes and 30 seconds

Looks like a 2nd grade writing assignment...

Seriously though, not trying to be mean, but would you hand this in as a job application? 
Quote:someone told me i would be a good staff member..
This could be easily made up, and is overall a bad point.

Also, the entire application is incredibly short, which is why I brought up the 2nd grade writing assignment point. No job run by a person with decent standards would ever accept such an atrocious application like this.

Read Before making an application if you'd like a place to start, or read Alaskan's application to see what a good application looks like. Keep in mind this was before a few format changes.

[Image: archlinux-logo-dark-90dpi.ebdee92a15b3.png]

-1 This application is horrific, needs a large amount of work. This should be treated like a job application, this seems like it was made in under ten minutes. You have some grammatical errors but those aren't a huge issue. You restate the point that you have over 2,000 hours on Garry's Mod several times, you should only need to say this once. Also, for the sixth question, how would you contribute to the server's success? Next, you say that you have plenty of brains, are you implying that you're better than anyone else; furthermore, you don't even know your steam community ID, I don't see this as a huge issue, but it is needed for the application. If you have trouble finding it, you can simply look on YouTube for a guide to find it. Overall, the application will need serious work in order to be taken seriously, I feel that this was poorly written. So my rating will remain at a -1 for now.
[Image: unknown.png]

You have the right idea with giving past experience, but thatisn't enough of a pull when looking for staff members. I would like to see more motivation, and effort while you're making this. We are very critical of who we select as staff members because we want an all around good experience for the community. Put more of yourself and your goals you could achieve as becoming a moderator, as well as what you could bring to the table as a staff member. For now it needs work, hope to see you re-apply.
Jim

While I have no server experience with you, I will judge via what I know, and that's from your application. The application itself is horrid and is really bland in a sense where I will find very little useful information regarding you besides experience. Also, you didn't really answer the application's questions very well. You didn't answer your steam profile ID which you simply could've asked before applying what it was, (it's https://steamcommunity.com/id/iheartskinnychicks/ // 76561198217711724). Your "Why I want to become moderator" is generic and literally tells me nothing, all it does is reiterate your application, as in, we already know why you're applying, give us something we don't know. Your "What will your bring to the server?" answer is something that we already could've looked into, and/or expected from you to do so. And your "Why should choose we choose you over someone else, who could possibly have more experience?" part of your application wasn't asking for your resume, but was for why we should give YOU in particular more than someone else. Along with that, every part of the application lacks quality and quantity. And finally, you should join the discord so we can get to know each other better, it also lets you get involved with the community, and understand what happens behind the scenes of the server. Therefore, I believe that you should work on this app much more and I'll consider changing my opinion.

TL;DR -1
Good luck on your Application.
[Image: 53d8acdc68.png]

Honestly this application is really bland and boring. There are multiple grammatical errors that should be fixed. Your steam profile URL has not been posted. I honestly think you really don't want to become a moderator because of the lack of effort on this application. You should treat this like a job application. Also, if you are going to make a new application please put more effort into this application.

Application Denied
Sorry, but we do not feel that you are quite ready for staff.

Feel free to apply in a week.
[Image: 53d8acdc68.png]