Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Julians unban appeal
Steam Profile ID:http://steamcommunity.com/id/icastalkr/home/
Steam ID:STEAM_0:0:84996231
Steam Name (must be updated if changed): Julian
Why did you get banned?: I was banned for "" He said he needed to dos the server. I told him that just threatening that could get him banned. Then he said he doesnt care, and that hes going to bypass the ban and dos anyways"

-------===== [ BANNED FROM NEOTEK ] =====-------

---=Reason=---
(None given)
---= Time Left =---
(Permaban)
---= Banned on =---
11/08/16 12:21:50
---= Appeal on the forums =---
neotekgaming.com/forum
Why do you want to get unbanned?:
Reasons for my unban
1. The moderator never gave me a reason for when I was banned as seen above,
2. I, run my own server, was quoting a troller/ hacker on my server about 40 min before getting on neotek,
3. I should be held accountable for my action, I know this, but even if I did say that and the moderator thought I was serious, I was not, and I'm sorry, I even said "just kidding, I would not even be able to do that shit"

Hello Julian,

As a response to youre apeal i would like to say the reason for your ban was the DoS remarks and you knew that as you left. You also said that the ban wouldnt affect you because you could just bypass the ban. I dont think saying both of those in relation to what had happened was just a qoute. You should've known that making threats, even though empty, could and will get you in trouble. I didnt catch where you said "just kidding, I would not even be able to do that shit." If it was really an accident please dont qoute suspicious and serious things adn expect me to not arrise suspicion.

-JimFromKorea

Alrighty, let's get into this one.
First off all, the appeal is lacking quality. Between different font sizes, and the rough copy pasting, it's just bad. It does follow the format, but it can be done much better. And using bulletin points as your reasoning is poor choice. It doesn't back up much, and ONLY give reasons. No back bone, making the appeal frail and weak. Everything should be in paragraph form anyway, makes it more alive, and gives us things to review.

Regarding the actual app, it's definitely dull. It's hard to understand and isn't neatly organized. Your quotations need proof, as they could've been made up on the spot. Your steam profile URL redirects to our feeds on Steam, not your profile. The /home fucks up the link and sends us to something different. And if your argument is "Well you can remove it." Think about a resume, it's the applicants job to provide everything EASILY so that the employer doesn't have to change something. They're not gonna take pens and correct your own mistake, they'd just deny you.

Regarding the issue, you shouldn't of been talking about your own server's problems, which would have no place there anyway. And the way you made it sound, it could EASILY be mistaken for ddos threats. Which, believe or not, is a federal offense.  The part saying that "just kidding, I can't do that shit!" is an invalid excuse. It makes you sound like you were expressing that YOU were making a threat. Using that end makes it sound that you were joking about threatening, not quoting someone. And your excuse that the moderator (Jim) never stated a reason, in a sense that's fault on both parts. He should've left a reason, but you should've been self aware of what you were doing.

The debate for the appeal being denied or accepted, we'll talk among the staff to get a better understanding, and then come up with a conclusion.

-Alaskan
[Image: 53d8acdc68.png]

Application Accepted

I apologize for the delay, but it just seemed like miscommunication (insert Hillary benghazi meme here)
[Image: archlinux-logo-dark-90dpi.ebdee92a15b3.png]