Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
False ban based on emotion
Steam Profile ID: 76561198432075904

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:235905088

Steam Name (must be updated if changed): silly goose

Why did you get banned?: Rampant toxicity/Bigotry/Bad faith arguments

Why do you want to get unbanned?:

I don't expect to be unbanned, but this is worth a shot.

Reason 1 (Rampant Toxicity):
I don't understand why I was banned for this. I don't believe I was being toxic, and I was formulating my opinion in a calm manner.

Reason 2 (Bigotry):
I don't understand why I was banned for this. I wasn't being a bigot, I simply disagree with SilverMight's opinion.

The definition of bigotry is as follows (cited from the Oxford English Dictionary):

Obstinate or unreasonable attachment to a belief, opinion, or faction; in particular, prejudice against a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular group.

I apologize if you viewed me as a bigot, but I disagree that I was being one. Calling me a bigot because I have a differing opinion from yours doesn't seem fair to me.

In my opinion, I am not prejudiced against any type of person more than the average. I stated this before I was banned, saying that I believed that racism existed and it was an issue we have been facing.

Unfortunately, that is all I can say on this reason because SilverMight didn't give me a chance to finish my thought.

Reason 3 (Bad faith arguments):
This is a ridiculous attempt to slap on another reason for my ban, and I can't explain how SilverMight came to the decision that I didn't want to conclude our discussion. I was asked by users on his server, which is why I brought it up. Let me state that SilverMight did not ask me to stop (If I am remembering correctly, I don't have access to the logs.), and if he did I would have.

In my opinion, this ban was based on SilverMight's emotions, and not based on facts or a legitimate violation of the rules.
I would like to be unbanned, but I understand that is unlikely given that he is the owner of the server and there isn't much anyone can really do. I would ask that SilverMight reconsider this ban, and would like to apologize for brining dicey topics up in game.