Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Mod Application
Steam Name: TyMotor / toughtylerd (one of the two idk)

Steam Profile ID: 76561194079000469

Steam ID: STEAM_1:1:206851018 

Do you have a microphone?: 
Yes, pretty good I might add.

Why do you want to become moderator?: 
Sometimes, the only mod I see on the server is Horror, and with the server's recent popularity, it can get hard for just one mod to handle it. I would like a chance to obtain a role of responsibility. With the server being revived, there are a few members who have been causing a bit of a nuisance to the admin and moderators; I'd like to help with that, considering I have been affected by this. Sometimes there are not enough admin or other staff members online, and I'm starting to be online more, so I'd be in place while they are away. I'm a pretty deductive person and tend to look at the facts of a situation, rather than the opinions people sling around. There is a lot of bias in favor of certain users, and this bias needs to be limited.

What will you bring to the server?: 
I will bring my playing experience and creative thinking to the server. I'd also bring some fun new ideas and an unbiased position if needed. I'm trying to get on at least once a day for about 2 hours this summer. I'm usually available so if I'm needed, I can help. I'd love to be associated in a positive way with the server as well. I would like to help bring justice to the server and judge things fairly, at least when there are people who bring injustice. Rules are constantly broken, one will observe. I'd also love to bring some fun events like races or even the movie theater I built. I also hosted a red team v. blue team deathmatch and that was really fun. I will also bring some fun roleplay, and can go along with things easily.

Why should choose we choose you over someone else, who could possibly have more experience?: 
Honestly, I cannot say I have more experience than anyone. That's just how it is, people have been on the server much longer than me. However, I know the lay of the land and have been here long enough to gain some knowledge on how the staff runs things. Regardless, I will do my best to obey the rules. I've recently been working on my behavior, due to past errors and mistakes, and I'm just trying my hardest to control myself now.

Do you have experience with ULX? (Ulysses Mod
Nope, but I've heard of it before.

How many hours do you have on the server?: 
1 week, 3 days, 6 hours.

What is your Discord account? 
TyMotor#7827

Thanks for the opportunity.
[Image: Discord_x4CB2mqYfC.png]
[Image: 5107922505_gtr_frt_001_rr.png]

Please read
[Image: archlinux-logo-dark-90dpi.ebdee92a15b3.png]

I won't give my opinion on you becoming staff until the app shapes up
[Image: 53d8acdc68.png]

Gonna' go with Alaskan here. Pretty bland app...

Enhance it, and I'll rate it.

Application is reasonable and decent, however history does suggest a that you are known to cause a slip up every now and then.  Further observation would be needed before I change my view.

+0 The app was fixed and shaped up to a point where I can give you something other than a -1. You still lack needed morals and clearly still possess your warped perceptions of being staff. I also do not trust that you won't do something quite stupid or abusive and then attempt to justify it when confronted like usual

Before the app was fixed: You were asked about how you felt about applying for staff after the link to Alaskan's paragraph was posted as a review of your application. This was supposed to combat your perceptions of being staff (which were very questionable, i.e. "Yeah, I want to have staff by today") by showing you morals you desperately need and lack. You responded to how you felt about the paragraph by asking if you were accepted or not, being the first thing you were interested in. It was only after that you replied with a half-assed description about "what it means to be staff" with you uttering something along the lines of "yeah you have to have responsibilities 'n stuff".

I feel like Alaskan about this for the moment since the app seems bland, but know this is influencing my current judgement without my final opinion about you becoming a staff member and it isn't looking good.
سلام. نام من بیل نای است

0 I don't want to see you as staff, you're the equivalent of a fire in a nursing home filled with children with down syndrome. The app is not too bad.
[Image: unknown.png]

0 App is okay, it seems that after I told you it was decent in dm's you didn't bother making it any better before you actually posted it on the forums. Obviously that is not the main problem I have, several times on the server you have proved that you are not fit for staff. You constantly break rules and personally it's not the application that needs the most change, it's your behavior.

It seems Silver has given you a plus one a few times because he thought your behavior was better recently, but every time you don't take it as a chance to be better and you still break rules. You tell Silver you'll give him money for an anti cheat if he rates your app on recent behavior. Whether you directly said it or not, you ask him to rate you on "recent behavior", not behavior of the past few days but behavior of that current day or the last, in which you didn't break rules. You should know that it takes more than two days for us to want to trust you. Sometimes its hard for me not to consider a minus one.

After Reviewing your behavior, I can whole hardheartedly give you a solid -1.  You are the epitome of the DSM-V classification of a retard.  You fail to show any sign that you are fit for staff.  You fail to reason and you fail at planning.  But most horrendous, you fail to display any form of judgement and you fail to learn from your actions.  The culmination of disabled students at my school could do a better job at listening and acting out.  You are without a doubt the worst person I've ever "slightly" considered for staff.  Fix your act.

Everyone obviously feels differently about Tyler becoming staff and whatnot whether because they dislike him for whatever reason or don't feel like he becomes staff so this is gonna be a tricky final assessment.

However, I feel that Tyler has the potential to be a nice addition to the staff team regardless of everyone else's feelings towards him. He's always making a valiant effort to step in the right direction and isn't afraid to voice his opinion, even though he isn't right all the time. Staff members are never 1000% right all the time, trust me, I know. Silver and I are never always right, and several staff members before us weren't right. I feel like it's appropriate given that he does put a lot of time and effort into the server and his constant efforts to become a member of the community whose willing to help out stands out to me, that he is actually a decent staff candidate. While he does have some learning to do, this is always a custom for anyone applying for staff. I've learned a lot over the years here and before when I started, and to judge him based purely off inexperience and a raw template is ridiculous. I genuinely hope Tyler becomes staff, I believe he would be a splendid addition.

All in all, I support Tyler's application. +1
[Image: 53d8acdc68.png]