Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
thundy application for staff {updated}
Steam Name (must be updated if changed) :  [TTF] Gen. Thunderbolt

Steam Profile ID:  https://steamcommunity.com/id/thunder1-1/

Do you have a microphone?: yes

Why do you want to become a moderator?: I think I could add a lot to the server with my years of staff experience and a good relationship with the current server leadership. NeoTek is a unique server, there aren't many like it, and it has a lot of room to grow. 

I'd like to help be part of what makes it great. I especially like the way how the server protects users from unfair situations, such as from ACF. ACF can only fight ACF on Neotek. I think that's a special sign of what type of server this is supposed to be— and I'd like to help administrate servers that are special. NeoTek servers all sorts of players; ACF builders, factions, base builders, wire builders, and your average joe sandbox player. That's what brings all the other players and me to the server. It accommodates everyone, and I feel strongly about supporting that. 

What will you bring to the server?: I have been administrating and running servers for a really, really long time. Since about 2015 I have been administrating and running sandbox servers. Not only do I have that experience, but I am mature and able to deal with tense situations. Staff sometimes require just staying calm and working through the problem. 

I have many leadership positions in the real world which will help me be a better staff member— through my IRL experience, I've learned how to deal with the public, something that directly translates to GMOD. Belligerent players and compliant alike, I've already dealt with them before. I understand the concept of an appropriate response, how to properly administrate without creating a bigger situation, and especially how to be fair and equally enforcing to all players. I've learned sometimes the best response is to not do anything.

Why should choose we choose you over someone else, who could possibly have more experience?: I am level-headed, have years of GMOD administration experience, and I am happy to help. Through my leadership experience both in real-life and on GMOD, I've learned how to deal with situations. 

One thing that I think sets me apart is my values. I strongly believe in values. I think that if someone doesn't have any core values, there's nothing that makes them trustworthy for a staff position. My most dear core value is Integrity: doing the right thing even when no one is looking. I think my integrity and record of trustworthiness sets me apart from everyone else. 

If someone has more experience and is more qualified with a better personality, please pick them. I am merely throwing my hat into the ring. Pick me only if I'm the best choice- my goal here is to offer my help not to get the job. I'll play on the server either way.

Do you have experience with ULX? (Ulysses Mod) I have many, many dozens of hours of ULX experience. I've been an owner of a server twice, co-owner once, and admin/moderator a few other times. Over the years I've learned every ULX command.

How many hours do you have on the server?: 46 hours

What is your Discord account? (Name + Discriminator - i.e SilverMight#1302):  Thundy#9548

-1 This is a relatively empty application and 6 hours is nowhere near enough to get adapted to the regular players. Please put more about you. These applications are a way for our staff to get to know you a bit better. You say you have experience in other servers but 6 hours on our server is not enough to develop opinions on the players.

Who are you? The application is bland, and missing spice. You really should have a couple days on the server to consider applying.

+1 (After Review) It looks like a good app to me. I'm not entirely sure what everyone else is giving it a rating of "lacking spice" for. Thundy also now has plenty of hours on the server.
سلام. نام من بیل نای است

+1. Good server member. Has potential. The increase in hours and the revision of your application has swayed my opinion. Good recovery

Application Accepted
I know you're busy right now but I'll give you your ranks when you come back
Welcome to the staff team!
[Image: archlinux-logo-dark-90dpi.ebdee92a15b3.png]